Sunday, May 20, 2007

random thoughts

The weather outside is brutal. I took my dog outside a little earlier, just around the block, and by the time we got back it was like the two of us had just had a cold shower together. I was thinking of going golfing but I felt that the ball would either not go very far or it would be sitting in standing water. Maybe next week sometime.

Congratulations to the Ottawa Senators for making the Stanley Cup Finals, making this the third straight year that Canada will have a team representing the country in the final. Being a hockey traditionalist, I'm really hoping to see the Cup where it belongs -- In Canada. In a perfect world, the NHL would only exist in places that get decent winters like Northern US and Canada.

I went to game 1 of the Memorial Cup between the local Vancouver Giants and the OHL Champs Plymouth Whalers. It was a great game featuring end-to-end action, good hitting, decent goaltending and some nice goals. The Whalers looked a bit rusty after a two-week hiatus after storming through the OHL losing just once the entire playoffs.

3 Comments:

Blogger Walter Schultz said...

I didn't know you played golf. How long have you been playing and where do you play? My two daughters have both been playing since they were four.

I play a lot of golf, however I've only been out maybe 6 times since October. Has this weather in Vancouver sucked or what?

10:08 PM  
Blogger opinionator777 said...

I primarily play pitch and putt, usually at Kensignton Pitch and Putt, although I've played Stanley Park P&P twice and the Central Park P&P in Burnaby twice. We should play together sometime. I have only one arm so my prosthetist made me a gold device that fits on my good arm and I slide the golf club up the side of the device, which gives me more stability with my swing. I try and get out once every week or so or a maximum of twice per week. I've been golfing for about three years now, again only on pitch and putts until I can hit the ball up in the air more and maybe get better at driving the ball longer distances. Eventually, I'd like to try playing on a regulation course like Burnaby Mountain GC, which is ten minutes by bus from where I live (I live in Forest Grove.) Do you have MSN? If so, what's your addy?

5:55 PM  
Blogger Walter Schultz said...

I'm not on MSN, however you can contact me through my email which is schulw@gmail.com. I work near Brentwood Mall.

Do you have your own clubs?

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home