Tuesday, January 22, 2008

random thoughts part II

It's been a while since I've posted any blogs, so here's what I believe is my first posting in 2008.

First off, I'm currently taking 2 courses at Langara College (Essential Computer Applicatios and Modern Novel, Poetry and Film). So far things have been pretty manageable in terms of the work load but come the next couple of weeks things will heat up with a poetry test, poetry presentation, and poetry in-class essay all back-to-back-to-back in early February. I'm really enjoying the computer course thus far and it's making me consider possible career options in the field of working with computers. . .

On the work front, I'm still a call taker with Yellow Cab and have exactly 700 hours of working there. This means that I've achieved what is likely the highest pay level I will ever achieve at that job (about $16.00/hr). My goal is to make b/w $20-40/hr by the end of my working life. . .

My grandfather recently celebrated his 80th birthday. My aunt flew in from New Jersey and we were expecting a few cousins from Pilot Mound, Manitoba expect my Uncle Ken wound up in the hospital as a precaution (he had cancer earlier in life and wasn't feeling well; he's out now and doing better). Anyway, we went to the Four Seasons restaurant in Queen Elizabeth Park a week ago Saturday and my grandfather and his girlfriend hosted an open house the next day where we had dinner and appetizers. My grandfather has been a huge influence on my life, driving me to various appointments and just encouraging me along the way. My mom kind of teared up when she spoke of my grandfather, as he has also been a huge influence to her. . .

I'm a little discaouraged about the performance of my beloved Vancouver Canucks. The secondary scoring has continuued to be an achilles heel and will be what makes or breaks this team come playoff time. The mid-season MVP has definitely been Star Netminder Roberto Luongo with the Sedin twins getting honorable mention. The biggest disappointment would be Captain Markus Naslund whose best days appear to be behind him, whether that be due to age, injury, or lack of motivation I don't know. Most likely, barring GM Dave Nonis making a trade in the next few weeks, the Canucks will be stuck with the group they have for the bulk of the season. Hopefully, they will get healthy and maybe improve by the season's end, but there's not gaurantee of that happening with Bieksa yet to skate.

US Politics is not something I generally follow, but I would love to see the first female president be Hillary Clinton. She has a tough battle ahead of her but she appears to have strong will and seems pretty outspoken. Come on Hillary do it for all the women out there!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home