Tuesday, September 11, 2007

9/11: Lest We Forget

It's hard to believe that it's been six years since two planes crashed into what was the Twin Towers in NYC. Since that time, I've taken two international flights one in 2002 as part of a Sring Break trip with the schools in Burnaby to Japan, China and Hong Kong and the other to Newark, NJ to visit my aunt in Maplewood, NJ with my mother. I don't remember much of the experience in dealing with security from the 2002 trip, however I definitely remember the experience I had back in the end of March. Going through the airport security in Canada was fine, but what I experienced in Seattle was humiliating and very laughable. My mom has epilepsy and must wear a helmet at all times as a safety precaution and I'm missing my right arm up to the shoulder and wear an artificial limb. Anyway, our flight was cancelled that day to a snow storm back east. The next day, my mom and I caught a flight and had to be at the airport at 6 AM. When we went to security, the security personnel made both my mom and I sit on designated chairs where they though my mom's hands were going to explode. That's right, you read it right HER HANDS WERE GOING TO EXPLODE. AAAAH SHE'S A TERRORIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The security was overly paranoid and they should have used common sense. First of all, my mom had put nothing on her hands that day, not even moisteurizer or any kind of powder. As for me, on the way back home, they put my real hand under a machine to check for exploding powders. I just want to end this posting by sending my condolences to those who lost a loved one in the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home