Monday, September 04, 2006

review of this year's PNE

It's that time of year again where the kids go back to school and the adults go back to work and my favourite pasttime of summer (the PNE wraps up). This year, I attended 3 times. Two of those times, I rode all the free rides that come with the ride pass. I must say that every year I get more and more disappointed with the PNE. The new MC for the Superdogs is simply not as good as Herb Williams. At times, it appeared that Chase was trying too hard to copy Herb's style. As a result, he seemed too uptight. The setup of the course through which the dogs were to run was essentially the same for all three shows. I was also highly disappointed in that there were only three shows run daily as opposed to the traditional four. The final point, I will make about this year's show was that the volume of the music and the MC's voice over the PA system was excessively loud, my mom could hear it clearly outside the stadium. As far as the people hired to run the fair, most of them were pretty good except for an older gentleman who yelled at me to get on my hands and knees when I got stuck on the ride. I really enjoyed the haunted house as it gave me a good scare. The best ride is one of the oldest rides still at the fair the old faithful wodden roller coaster. I went and saw the animals and one pig race and duck race which was a really neat treat. Finally, I quite enjoyed the food offered at the PNE (especially Hunky Bill's perogies and sausages and those mini donuts and the wiggly chips.) Next year, I hope to see a better Superdog show and I hope the rides continue to provide the thrill I've come to love and cherish.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chad Pederson said...

I missed the PNE this year - I'm glad I could get an update!

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home