Friday, June 02, 2006

teachers action plan

I must say that while I'm not surprised by the BCTF holding a strike vote and having their strike plan laid out 2 months before the strike is to occur, I'm very disappointed in the lack of reasonable thought going into the negotiations. First of all, why should the teachers get more money than the nurses and doctors. Are they so special that they're essentially above everyone else. Also, why is money the first thing out of this militant group's mouth every time their contract is up? I feel sorry for the teachers who desparately want that bonus being offered. I don't believe the teacher's union is capable of being reasonable. I just hope the students aren't too affected by this latest anticipated job action, especially those in provincial exam years (grades 10-12) and those with a disability. Shame on the BCTF!

3 Comments:

Blogger Walter Schultz said...

The BCTF isn't a Union it's a Political Party. It isn't acting in the best interest of it's members, it's trying to score political points.

Their motivation is to fight an on going political battle with the BC Liberal Party, who they view as their arch enemy.

I have a lot of respect for individual teachers and the fine work they are doing with our children. I also know that teachers are putting a tremendous amount of pressure on Jinny Sims and the other union ideologues, to settle this before the June 30th deadline, for the $3,500 signing bonus. Hopefully the BCTF will listen to their members and do the right thing.

Here's a question for all of you.....Do they sign or not sign before June 30th?

10:59 AM  
Blogger opinionator777 said...

I think they will not sign before June 29th and as a result Jinny Sins will lose her position as head of the BCTF

9:09 PM  
Blogger opinionator777 said...

I meant June 30th

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home